Tina Waldrom talks with Steve Morrison about Sharing Jesus when People Die. Steve is a thanatologist, an expert in death and dying. Steve has conducted over thirteen hundred funerals and is well practiced in bringing hope and comfort, in times of death. Sharing Jesus when People Die looks different in each situation. Steve shares his wisdom and experience, to help believers share Jesus at these times.
Steve had an unusual pathway to the more than thirteen hundred funerals he has conducted. From the beginning, Steve loved this type of work. His pathway to funeral chaplaincy is, as surprising to him, as it will be to those listening. Steve has walked through countless scenarios of people dying. He has seen the varying responses of thousands of people as they respond to grief. He has discovered how to walk with and love people through crisis. He has discovered, how to respond appropriately as a Christian, when people die.
In this episode, Steve shares his funeral stories. He talks about the lessons learnt and the wisdom gained. He discusses what’s appropriate and what’s not appropriate when people die. At times, Christians can respond in ways that are not helpful. Steve lays some solid foundations that will help govern responses, when people die. He encourages people to put their focus on the living and not the dead. He talks about the appropriate ways to share Christ during these times.
In this podcast episode, you will discover…
- What to say and what not to say, when people die.
- How to point people to Jesus during grief and loss.
- How to download a FREE e-book from Steve.
- Stories of people dying and how Steve has responded.
- How to answer the questions of heaven and afterlife at this time.
- What to say when people ask if someone is in heaven?
- The need to be appropriate as a Christian when people die.
- Advice on grief from Steve Morrison.
- How a focus on the dead can trip you up as a Christian.
- Why focusing on the living during times of death is best practice?
- What it looks like to be Jesus and speak about Jesus when people die.
- The mindset needed to help people walk though crisis.
- And so much more…
Watch a Short Video with Steve Morrison
- FREE SAMPLE Online Evangelism Course for Church Groups and Individuals
To upskill in the area of having faith conversations with people in everyday spaces, check out the FREE SAMPLE of our online course, On Mission with God @Home – How to Share your Faith Naturally in Conversations.
OTHER PODCAST EPISODES LINKED TO THIS
GET THE LATEST INFORMATION FROM EVANGELISM IN AUSTRALIA
Subscribe to all thing’s evangelism and outreach here.
Check us out at www.EvangelismInAustralia.com and follow us on socials.