This summer in Australia, we are showcasing the top 5 episodes listened to in 2022. This is #1.
Tina Waldrom talks with Steve Morrison about Sharing Jesus when People Die. Steve is a thanatologist, an expert in death and dying. Steve has conducted over thirteen hundred funerals. He is well practiced in bringing hope and comfort in times of death. Sharing Jesus when People Die looks different in each situation. Steve shares his wisdom and experience, to help believers share Jesus at these times.
Steve had an unusual pathway to the more than thirteen hundred funerals he has now conducted. From the beginning, Steve loved this type of work. His pathway to funeral chaplaincy is, as surprising to him, as it will be to those listening. Steve has walked through countless scenarios. He has seen the varying responses of thousands of people as they respond to grief. He has discovered how to walk with and love people through crisis. He has discovered how to respond appropriately, as a Christian during these times.
In this episode, Steve shares his funeral stories. He talks about the lessons learnt and the wisdom gained. He discusses what’s appropriate and what’s not appropriate when people die. At times, Christians can respond in ways that are not helpful. Steve lays some solid foundations that will help govern responses, when people die. He encourages people to put their focus on the living and not the dead. He talks about the appropriate ways to share Christ during these times.
In this podcast episode, you will discover…
- What to say and what not to say, when people die.
- How to point people to Jesus during grief and loss.
- Stories of people dying and how Steve has responded.
- How to answer the questions of heaven and afterlife at this time.
- What to say when people ask if their loved one is in heaven?
- The need to be appropriate as a Christian when people die.
- Advice on grief from Steve Morrison.
- How a focus on the dead can trip you up as a Christian.
- Why focusing on the living during times of death is best practice?
- What it takes to bring the gospel to when people die.
- The mindset needed to help people walk though crisis.
- And so much more…
Watch a Short Video with Steve Morrison
ONLINE COURSES AND COACHING WITH TINA WALDROM
OTHER PODCAST EPISODES LINKED TO THIS
Change is Needed in Mission and Evangelism
No to Fashion Yes to Jesus
Kingdom Communities with Andrew Menzies
Top 5 Episodes 2022 #5 The Gospel & Disability
Top 5 Episodes 2022 #4 Is Friendship Evangelism Dead?Top 5 Episodes 2022 #3 Evangelism, The Media & Woke Culture
Top 5 Episodes 2022 #2 The Queen’s Faith with John Drane
GET THE LATEST INFORMATION FROM EVANGELISM IN AUSTRALIA