Tina Waldrom speaks with Dan Anderson about How To Be A Witness in Politics. Dan is the CEO of The Lachlan Macquarie Institute in Canberra, Australia. Being in, or aspiring to be involved in the political arena can be a challenge for believers. Should Christians be involved with government? What party should Christians align with and how can a believer be a witness in this space? Dan talks openly about the challenges believers will face in this transactional industry. Being a witness for Christ in politics is not as easy as one thinks.
The Lachlan Macquarie Institute, is trying to help Christians to develop the character, the knowledge and the skills needed, to survive in politics. The goal is to be the best place to train in this arena. To help believers be biblically faithful, culturally intelligent, and positively engaged for the common good. Being biblical faithful to the gospel, is at the heart of the institute. Dan in a nutshell, is helping believers to develop the character and the skills to be an effective Christian voice in the political world.
In this episode, Dan talks about the need for Christians across the political spectrum, on the left and the right. He talks about the task that needs to happen before entering into government and politics. He discusses the spiritual challenges and the practical ways in which Christians can remain faithful to Christ and How to be a Witness in Politics.
In this podcast episode, you will discover…
- Why it’s so difficult to be a Christian witness in politics.
- The reasons why Christians are not the best witnesses in politics.
- How the transactional nature of politics effects believers.
- What to do if you want to be an effective Christian witness.
- How LMI can help believers be most effective in politics.
- Why Christians often compromise in this space.
- How the Prime Minister, Scott Morrison, brings his faith to politics.
- The reason why some Christian enthusiasts are not the best people for politics.
- How the church intersects with government and politics.
- Why politics is not the answer to the world and what is?
- The place of evangelism in government spaces.
- And so much more…
Watch a Short Video with Dan Patterson and Tina Waldrom
- FREE SAMPLE Online Evangelism Course for Church Groups and Individuals
To upskill in the area of having faith conversations with people in everyday spaces, check out the FREE SAMPLE of our online course, On Mission with God @Home – How to Share your Faith Naturally in Conversations.
OTHER PODCAST EPISODES LINKED TO THIS
GET THE LATEST INFORMATION FROM EVANGELISM IN AUSTRALIA
Subscribe to all thing’s evangelism and outreach here.
Check us out at www.EvangelismInAustralia.com and follow us on socials.