Tina Waldrom speaks with Stu Cameron about Taking Opportunities to Connect People to The Gospel. Stu is the relatively new, CEO and Superintendent of Wesley Mission in NSW, Australia. Tens of thousands are ministered to each year. Yet, during this, Stu and his team have discovered a God, who is wanting to push them into new spaces and to see new opportunities, for the gospel. Everyone can become familiar and comfortable with what God has done. Stu talks about new opportunities and what it takes to follow the Holy Spirit into those spaces.
With over 200 years of history, Wesley Mission has always had a heart to reach the lost and broken, through the gospel. The beginnings of this great Australian organisation started with a convicted felon, a lawyer and a school teacher. The history is colourful and the leaders are noteworthy. In January 2021, Stu Cameron was welcomed as the new leader. His brave and humble leadership is helping the organisation embrace new opportunities for the gospel.
In this episode, Stu talks about the history and effectiveness of Wesley Mission but points to the opportunities that God is revealing. He recognises the strength and wisdom in collaboration, and the necessity of an intimate relationship with Christ. His story is refreshing to hear. His ability to lead is a unique gift to the body of Christ in Australia and the lessons he shares in this episode, are invaluable for the Christian community.
In this podcast episode, you will discover…
- The story of Wesley Mission into new gospel initiatives.
- How to proclaim the unchanging message in a new context.
- The process to perceive and step into new gospel possibilities.
- How to overcome fear and anxiety when embracing new things.
- The mind and heart attitudes needed to explore new ideas.
- How failing forward moves us into new missional explorations.
- The place of reputational risk in embracing new opportunities.
- How contextualisation should inform what outreach looks like.
- The steps to incarnational mission and the faith needed.
- How disruption can be an opportunity for new directions.
- And so much more…
*WATCH A SHORT VIDEO WITH STU CAMERON & TINA WALDROM
- FREE SAMPLE Online Evangelism Course for Church Groups and Individuals
To upskill in the area of having faith conversations with people in everyday spaces, check out the FREE SAMPLE of our online course, On Mission with God @Home – How to Share your Faith Naturally in Conversations.
OTHER PODCAST EPISODES LINKED TO THIS
A New Era for Church and Evangelism
The Relevance of The Church in Evangelism
The Queen’s Faith as a Light for Christ with John Drane
An Unexpected Salvo in Tasmania
Evangelism Like Jesus
Sharing Jesus when People Die
GET THE LATEST INFORMATION FROM EVANGELISM IN AUSTRALIA
Subscribe to all thing’s evangelism and outreach here.
Check us out at www.EvangelismInAustralia.com and follow us on socials.