Tina Waldrom speaks with Markus Watson who is Helping Churches Get into The Neighbourhood. Markus, a pastor in California, had an opportunity through hardship, to reassess the real purpose of the church. He shares his journey and the powerful insights he received. Through pain and repositioning, Markus has developed a successful framework to help churches get into the neighbourhood. He is real, honest and raw as he shares a tried method that is helping many churches live out the mission of God.
Before being involved with church work, Markus aspired to work in the Hollywood movie industry. That dream, after many years had to be forgone as the tension between Hollywood and following Jesus became untenable. After attending Fuller Theological Seminary, Markus pursued the call of God to ministry as a vocation. That was going along very well until it wasn’t. His crisis or dark night of the soul experience led him to a new place of fruitfulness. He is now Helping Churches Get into The Neighbourhood.
In this episode, Markus talks about his journey to ministry and the struggles that have caused him to focus on neighbourhood impact. He shares the framework he discovered, and is using, to help churches move outward to the community. He talks about a process that involves action and reflection. A process that helps believers to ascertain where God is at work and how to join in. The lessons he shares in this episode are invaluable for the Christian community.
In this podcast episode, you will discover…
- A practical framework to move your group into the community.
- How to try something new and discover what God is saying?
- How to encourage existing church groups outward.
- A model to recognise where God is at work in a community.
- One churches story to starting a food pantry.
- Stories of hope as people discover easy ways to reach out.
- A way to understand your churches mission – read the book.
- How people are sharing Jesus through a community garden.
- Information about the Spiritual Life and Leadership Podcast.
- The place of failure when discovering what God has next.
- How to measure success when moving into the neighbourhood.
- What church looks like beyond the Sunday service.
- Markus’s free online course to help churches through change.
- And so much more…
*WATCH A SHORT VIDEO WITH MARKUS & TINA WALDROM
OTHER RESOURCES FROM MARKUS
- FREE SAMPLE Online Evangelism Course for Church Groups and Individuals
To upskill in the area of having faith conversations with people in everyday spaces, check out the FREE SAMPLE of our online course, On Mission with God @Home – How to Share your Faith Naturally in Conversations.
OTHER PODCAST EPISODES LINKED TO THIS
GET THE LATEST INFORMATION FROM EVANGELISM IN AUSTRALIA
Subscribe to all thing’s evangelism and outreach here.
Check us out at www.EvangelismInAustralia.com and follow us on socials.